Sunday, April 21, 2013

Resistance to Change

Why do some people have such a high resistance to change?
The change I have the most resistance with is, changing myself. I do not mean changing for other people but changing to feel better, do better, and think better. I know that thinking negatively ultimately effects me. I know that not doing what I'll say I'll do will not only hurt others but hurt myself as well. So, why is changing for the better so hard?

One thing I do know is that comfort, in regards to change is not helpful. Not being uncomfortable enough will lead to stagnancy which means no growth. Moreover, fear is also one the leading causes of most of my issues with change. A fear of relapsing, a fear of not meeting expectations of myself or others.

Writing this really helps me to realize I have to stop making excuses and get the courage to the best I can be. Stop being afraid to love, afraid to be vulnerable, afraid to open my self to new things, afraid to be my best. I have examples of people doing it everyday, therefore I can do it to. So just do it!

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies;

Succeed Anyway.

If you are  honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If yo find serenity and happiness, people may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it many never be enough;

Give your best anyway.

You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God;

I was never between you and them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment