Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fighting Negative Thinking

Lastnight my best friend and I decided to make changes to our negative thinking. We wrote down all of our negative thoughts, holding back nothing. It was interesting when when looked at our thoughts and saw a common theme. For me, all my statements were "I" statements, I put a lot of pressure on myself to be better and do better. Also a lot of statements were fear based, here are some of my negative thoughts I wrote down:
Negative: "I believe I am selfishness"
Negative: "I'm uneducated"
Negative: "I believe my sister hates my partner"

My friend also made me aware of how I sabotage my own progress. She explained it as; me digging my own hole and greasing the walls. Basically an impossible situation to get out.

And so, in addition to writing down our negative thoughts we had to also write the positives to each statement. We had to rearrange the negative statements to find see the positive. Such as,
Positive: "I am open to share my time, money, and energy to help another"
Positive:"I know a lot about different things most people do not know about","I am open and receptive to learning new things"
Positive: "My sisters insecurities are not mine to own", "I am open to set boundaries, display courage and respect myself and those who respect me".

I can see that just by changing the thought from a negative to a positive my energy about the issue changes.

Through this method of training your brain to think different, it is inevitable to prosper and have good experiences in my life. 
But only with consistency can such a method work, I have to make a commitment to write as much negative thoughts as possible and also find a positive for each negative thought and focus on the positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment