Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Hero

For two and a half years I have known, what I like to call a "resemblance of God". She is one of the reasons I know God exists. She inspires me everyday to be better. To love more, find more compassion, be more grateful, be more humble, be kind, be mindful, be honest, be your authentic self. She captivates me with her wisdom, her patience, her intelligence and her love.

She is everything I want to be, she is strong, beautiful, talented, passionate, soft and firery. She believes in preserving what it means to be human. To love no matter what, to show compassion no matter what, to share no matter what, to help no matter what, to be selfless in everything you do because you have more than enough to share, in every aspect of life. And that is our purpose. If everyone, including myself can possess these traits, if not all the time but most of the time the world would be a better place.

Even though, not all people possess these traits or even believe in them it is important to show it anyways. I found a poem reflects this way of being. It's called "do it anyways"

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies;
Succeed Anyway.
If you are  honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If yo find serenity and happiness, people may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it many never be enough;
Give your best anyway.
You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God;
I was never between you and them anyway.

This reminds of my hero and what she represents. People that reflect this way of being are rare and a gift that should be appreciated.

This is just a small gesture to let her know, regardless of my issues and struggles in life I will always be grateful for who she is and what she has done for me (in many areas of my life). She helps me with my anxiety and my negative thought processes. She is the most important person in my life and I hope that from this moment forward my actions always reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment